Contact Me At: michaelnolan1983@gmail.com







Thursday 22 September 2011

Practice makes perfect

So, some sketching from today, more messing with the watercolours and I bought a set of water brush pens for 4 euro 50 yesterday, which was odd since there were single ones for sale next to them for 8 euro each, sense, it has left. The point is that I was watching the master James Gurney working in one of his vids on youtube and he was using them to ink, I thought "isnt that novel" cos I think like that, so I got them and started having fun. Let me tell ya, they are fun, one filled with a heavy mix of black ink and water so it flows well and the other with just water for washing, if you can and are so inclined, give it a try.





1 comment:

  1. yowza! that's a lot of sketching for one day!
    i've used ink wash before, but not nearly this well.

    ReplyDelete